Photo: Clean Air Task Force
Coal power: It certainly isn't very popular these days. But how would the industrial landscape change if the fossil fuel could be burned with virtually no pollution? The answer to that question could start to take shape with the US$1.1-billion Taylorville Energy Center and the $1.5-billion FutureGen project. Illinois legislators, however, need to make some changes if they're going to keep the Land of Lincoln in the hunt for the pair of "clean-coal" blockbusters.
This week's SiteNet Dispatch brings you new and exclusive stories from the new July 2007 issue of Site Selection, including:
- Food Processing: "Sweet Deals" (Expanded Web Edition)
- Rocky Mountain Regional Review: "Index Reveals 'New Economy' Appeal"
- Project Finance: "The World Bank and You" (Expanded Web Edition)
Flash Up Against the Mountains: IM Flash Technologies, a new Intel-Micron Technology joint venture, is producing NAND flash memory products inside this facility in scenic Lehi, Utah.
Photo: IM Flash Technologies
There's more expansion news online in global project coverage from London-based partner Oxford Intelligence. This week's installment includes:
- "Honda to Expand Thai Motorcycle R&D Facility"
- "Renault Opens Design Centre in India"
- "Rexam Proceeds with New Russian Facility"
- "Hatteland Invests in Poland"
- "BIG Steps into Lithuania"
Site Selection Executive Editor of Interactive Publishing
| Upcoming Conferences and Expositions of Note
Read more on the expanded events calendar at SiteNet.com.
- August 1 - 4, 2007 American Chamber of Commerce Executives Convention, Sacramento Convention Center, Sacramento, CA
- August 3 - 5, 2007 China Trade Fair, China World Exhibition Hall, Beijing, China
- August 3 - 5, 2007 AsiaPropertyShow2007, Singapore Expo, Singapore
- August 8 - 10, 2007 Maquiladora Industry Conference, El Paso Marriott Hotel, El Paso, TX
- September 6 - 7, 2007 Work Smart for Your Company's Workforce, Brown Hotel, Louisville, KY
- September 15 - 18, 2007 Economic Developers Association of Canada National Conference, Delta Bessborough Hotel, Saskatoon, Canada
- September 16 - 19, 2007 IEDC 2007 Annual Conference, The Westin Kierland, Phoenix, AZ
- September 16 - 20, 2007 11th Annual Shared Services Summit West, Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
- September 17 - 18, 2007 Associated Owners & Developers (AOD) National Conference, Hamilton Crowne Plaza, Washington, DC
- September 19 - 20, 2007 Manufacturing and Logistics Symposium, Laredo, TX
- September 26, 2007 EDA/IEDC/NARC Denver/Chicago Regional Symposium, Kansas City, MO
- September 30 - October 3, 2007 Canadian Wind Energy Association Annual Conference, Québec City Convention Centre, Québec City, Canada
- October 6 - 10, 2007 IAMC Professional Forum, Hyatt Regency Union Station, St. Louis, MO
- October 8 - 10, 2007 Expo Real, Munich International Trade Fair, Munich, Germany
CONDUCT LOCATION RESEARCH
ON ANY U.S. STATE OR COMMUNITY
DevelopmentAlliance.com has always offered detailed state, county, metropolitan
and micropolitan statistical data for companies seeking new business locations
in the U.S. ... The Web site enables comparisons of critical data sets from every
U.S. county and gives corporate site selectors the ability to select up to five
communities at once for a side-by-side comparison. Now you can also find important
international data through our International Guide.
This is a free service of Conway Data, Site Selection magazine, SiteNet.com
and the International Economic Development Council. Just log on to DevelopmentAlliance.com
and find out what thousands of other site selectors have already discovered:
is the place to go when conducting Internet-based research on possible
NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
SIGN UP FOR SITENET DISPATCH
Did a friend forward you this e-mail? Sign up for your own free e-mail newsletter
by visiting http://www.sitenet.com
Please add SiteNet Dispatch [[email protected]] to your address book to prevent your email
system from filtering our newsletters as spam. Look at our online archive to find what
you missed, http://www.sitenet.com/dispatch/archive.cfm
Please send comments about content to Adam Bruns or suggestions
for how to improve this newsletter to Shannon Landin.
MAGAZINE CUSTOMER SERVICE
For magazine subscription concerns such as back issues, address changes, and account status information,
please visit our customer service department at http://www.siteselection.com/response
Would you prefer to read this newsletter in your web browser?
The SiteNet Dispatch is best viewed at a screen resolution of 800 x 600
The SiteNet Dispatch is a free service of SiteNet (http://www.sitenet.com),
the Internet's premier source of corporate real estate and economic development
Copyright 2007, Conway Data, Inc. All Rights Reserved.